Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Spot the mistake...


I did this large commission for an anniversary towards the end of last year. I thought it looked quite good. I had lovely words to work with, the design worked well, I hand cut it from A3 and framed it in a lovely large frame and posted it off to the customer.

So it was mortally embarrassing when she emailed me having noticed a GLARING mistake... can you spot it?

Yup. There's two 'each's.
Read it again...
DOH!

How the bleeping bleep did THAT happen??
I'm going to blame my shrunken baby-brain, as I was pregnant when I did this.

Ok, ok. There's no excuse. 16 years in advertising/graphic design has taught me I need to read and re-read, then proof read and check again during the whole design process. I guess I've been used to having account managers and clients seeing/checking designs and spotting any mistakes. But now I'm on my own. I know, I know. There's no excuse. I messed up. There you go.

The wonderfully patient customer has been so lovely about it. She sent it back to me *right* before Nella was born and has been patiently waiting for me to be back up and running again ever since. Well, I've finally done it! Just need to frame and post it. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. Oops! Very sweet that they were nice about the whole thing!!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love your paper cut designs they are truly amazing!! I read that and thought 'awww thats lovely'.. didnt even realise the mistake till you mentioned it. Lovely piece!!

    Avril..

    http://whimsicallyrandom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...