Tuesday, 1 March 2011

POP!

The baby bubble has popped.
I have officially undertaken my first commission.
Swiftly followed by this one.
Which in turn was followed by a lasercut request.


They have all been framed and are off in the post today. I balanced 2 parcels on top of the pram and 1 parcel underneath the pram and wheeled my way to the post office. On my return there are two more commissions... and my notonthehighstreet shop isn't even open again yet.

I do love it, and I know I can refuse if I wanted to being on maternity leave and all, but I do love doing them. I love designing them with my laptop balanced on my knee, little Nella asleep in her little chair beside me. I love settling down to cut them out - anglepoise lamp pulled down... lovely new blades in my scalpels. Mr Papercuts taking Nella off for a walk so I can concentrate. It's like a little creative break from feeding, changing and playing. A healthy balance actually.

Anyhoo, gotta go. Nella has just woken up...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much - it looks totally beautiful and I can't wait to see it in real life!

    Also, I loved your post - it had a certain whimsy about it; I can imagine you working with a sleeping, happy baby near you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...