Monday, 14 February 2011

One year ago today...

It was exactly one year ago today that I gave my husband the first ever papercut I made for Valentines Day.

I was completely inspired by the beautifully rich illustrative papercuts by Julene Harrison. I emailed her asking how much it'd be if she were to make one for me using lyrics from our first dance at our wedding. Well I'm afraid to say I couldn't afford an original Made By Julene papercut - sorry Julene : ( but being a graphic designer by trade I thought: "Hey! why can't I try to do one myself?" So I did. 

Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday last year (2010) so we went out for a romantic pub lunch where we ate, drank and started chatting about making more papercuts and my ideas about trying to sell them on Etsy. I still have a page in my notebook of possible names... Kyleigh's Papercuts is top of the list, the rest of them are awful (one was 'Ouch! Papercuts'). Seriously.

If I wasn't on maternity leave punch-drunk in love with my little Nella, then I'd do a give away or something to commemorate, but I feel like a super hero if I even manage to do the laundry, cook a meal or wash up at the moment. I promise I'll be back soon with a give-away.

Until then, Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovers out there xoxoxoxoxox


My first ever papercut, don't look too hard.. the cutting was pretty primitive back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...