Sunday, 17 October 2010

So throw those cutains wide, one day like this a year'd see me right

This was my first A3 black paper commission, after I'd sourced some nice black A3 paper (and not the rubbish kraft paper which is really pulpy and not good for cutting). It was tricky printing the design (in black) onto black paper to still enable me to see it to cut it out. My anglepoise lamp pulled down practically touching it seemed to do the trick!

What do you think? Rubbish iphone pic again... not in focus or nuffnk.


In other news... my amazing husband G is currently insulating and tongue & grooving (that's wood, fact fans) out the inside of my neat little new garden studio. It is going to be amazing. I can't wait to move in. I'll post pics when it's all done.

Inspiration for the interior is coming from sneak peeks at Design*Sponge... although if I achieve even half as nice as some of those offices I'd be one happy bunny.

4 comments:

  1. I love your work! Do you do personal commissions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do yes! You can find out more about personalised papercuts here:
    http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/kyleighspapercuts/product/personalised-special-song-lyrics-papercut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello - I love your papercuts! Are you still doing personalised commissions or have you stopped? Thanks, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elly,
    I've stopped temporarily I'm afraid... I've got a big backlog I'm working through prior to my new baby which is due on Christmas Eve. I hope to be taking orders for commissions again after a few months maternity leave, probably end of Feb or March. Thank you and sorry : (

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...